Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Religious Interviews

I've been reading a lot lately.  This might not be a big deal to you, but for someone who hasn't read a book more difficult than John Grisham for the last few years, it's a definite change in lifestyle.  As I read, I frequently wish the author was available for questions, because I have a lot of them!  I also find myself wanting to TALK about these ideas, not just read and write about them.  I want to understand the nuances of different peoples' faith.  Hopefully it will positively influence my own journey.  So, I have a proposal.

If you have a faith, or even if you don't, and you're at all interested in talking about it, I will come to your part of town, buy you a drink or meal, and you can tell me all about your faith, or lack thereof.  This will not be a debate.  I don't want to argue or change your mind about anything.  I want to know how you think about faith issues, including its pragmatic effect on your life.  I'll probably ask clarifying questions like "Does believing x make you happier?," "What was the last faith-related issue you changed your mind about?," that kind of thing.

If that sounds like fun, or at minimum, not a complete waste of your time, let me know!  Find me on Facebook, or email me at blanchardryan@yahoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment